Most of us like some pasta, regardless of our age. You can present your family with a twist on their favorite meal around Halloween to keep with the holiday theme?
Check this one out. The kids will most likely love the presentation as much as the food!
Pasta and Oozing Eyeballs Ingredients:
• 2 pounds ground beef – You could also use ground turkey or pork if you prefer, or a combination of meats
• 1 – 6 ounce box packaged stuffing mix for chicken
• 1 cup water
• 2 eggs
• 1 jar spaghetti sauce, divided into 1/4 cup for meat and the remainder for the noodles
• 4 sticks string cheese cut into quarters
• Sliced large black olives – Enough for each eyeball to have one slice
• 1 – 1 pound package your favorite pasta
Pasta and Oozing Eyeballs Instructions:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
As the oven is heating, mix together the meat, stuffing mix, water, eggs and 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce. Be sure the mixture is well-combined. Pinch off some of the meat mixture and create 16 two-inch meatballs. Push one piece of string cheese into the top of the meatball. Don’t push the cheese entirely into the meatball; you want some of the cheese to show at the top. Place the meatballs onto the baking sheet and place one slice of olive onto the cheese. This will create your “oozing eyeball.”
Bake the meatballs for up to 25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads at least 160 degrees Fahrenheit. While the meatballs are cooking, cook the pasta according to the package directions and heat the rest of the spaghetti sauce.
Drain the pasta. Place a serving of pasta on a plate. Top the pasta with the heated sauce. Finish the plate off by putting two meatballs in the center of the noodles.
Your family may realize you are preparing spaghetti for dinner during Halloween week, but they most likely won’t be expecting their meatballs to be looking at them. This Pasta and Oozing Eyeballs meal can be a fun alternative to your normal spaghetti and meatball meal.